Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Mom Forgets Me

I love my mom. She’s great! Some quick facts about my mom that will absolutely come up in this story: I AM THE ONLY DAUGHTER, she usually never forgets to pick me up at the airport, and she’s really a very awesome lady.

My mom forgot to pick me up at the airport once. I was flying home from college for some break or other and had an active, involved conversation with her about my flight, the time I was coming in, WHERE I was coming in, and I think I even e-mailed her the information.



It was a little bit on the late side, so I was extra careful to make sure she knew I was coming in at night. I got on my plane, flew back home, and arrived at BWI with airplane hair. I wanted to go home. I hate flying.




But I do like my mom so I was excited to see her! I waited.



And waited.



And waited.



As the airport CLOSED, the airport policemen were going HOME FOR THE NIGHT. One of the police officers had been watching me stand and wait for quite some time so before he headed off into the night, he swung by and asked me if I needed a ride home. At the time, I was still just-so-sure that my mother could not possibly have forgotten me at the airport so I politely declined his offer and continued to wait.



This was idiotic.



I finally, frantically, called home to figure out what in the world was going on...





My mind immediately raced to this image:



Wrong:



At around this point, I realized that there really was no one coming to pick me up from the airport, which was closing, and that my mother had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ME enough to ask, twice, who and where I was. She told me to just get a cab and she’d pay for it when I got home.

Everything was fine, I got my family visit, but now this is my absolute favorite story to tell EVERYONE I MEET.

My mom is less enthusiastic about it.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment! Please make sure you've reviewed the F.A.Q. if you want to make a non-specific comment about the site.

This is a happy, constructive, kind place. Don't pollute it with bile, please.

Thanks guys!