Where do you store your books when you have run out of shelf space? What happens when there is simply no room? Don’t worry -- I have created a decorating guide to assist you based on my own overcrowded bookshelves and experiences in finding storage for books.
1. Separate your books! Store your fancypants literature somewhere really cool and prominent so that when you have guests, they walk into your home and are instantly wow’d by your cultural magnitude.
2. Your sock drawer. No one has enough socks to fill an entire drawer, so you may as well use the extra space for a few books.
3. Redecorate your entire home to look like your college professor’s office. This means you can just stack your books as high as you like. Also, buy ferns.
(I just want you to know that I got so carried away with ferns and books in this picture that I totally forgot to draw a couch or, you know, anything else. But I think that fits for this.)
4. If you have an extra bathroom, why not consider using the tub? It’s just sitting there, empty and alone. Fill it up with books -- but make sure to remove them before you take a shower in there one early, early sleepy morning...
5. That weird place under the stairs. When you can’t convince anyone to help you paint it so it looks like THIS:
Afford the ultimate payback by doing THIS:
6. It’s important that your books are mobile -- they go where you go, so you’ll always have something to do if your friends start to bore you. Therefore, consider the following:
For girls, always have a purse that is large enough to carry around books. This way, if an evening or a date is "boring", you can whip out entertainment without any problems!
For girls or guys, having a decent library selection on-the-go is a plus. In addition to having ample storage space, the trunk of your car also goes wherever you (and your car) go!
Since guys don't have purses, here's a solution for you!
And an extra one for girls!
Gee, I wish I had a book.
Oh, hey! What's THIS!?
7. When you're really desperate, try rooting the kitchen for space. You probably don't use it too much anyway, since you're always reading.
*Always leave room for a pie!
8. And the number one spot for your books?